Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Compulsive Hoarding on Wikipedia

Stupid stuff I found on Wikipedia! Everyone's favorite work cited.

This article on compulsive hoarding is actually seriously interesting. I would have never guessed that cluttering habits could be part of a bigger psychological disorder. Not that I'm one to diagnose based on the very limited perspective I get from online medical articles, but this would explain a lot about our family and household. I'm just saying.

Anyway, the disorder seems to be linked to OCD, and has real physiological effects to the brain. Stress, obviously, also plays a part in both the psychological and physiological elements of the disorder.

Keep in mind that this is Wikipedia, but I just thought it might be of interest.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: